12/9/2015 | 1 MINUTE READ

Moog Acquires Majority Ownership of Linear Mold & Engineering

Facebook Share Icon LinkedIn Share Icon Twitter Share Icon Share by EMail icon Print Icon

The New York-based company now owns 70 percent of Linear Mold & Engineering.

Share

Facebook Share Icon LinkedIn Share Icon Twitter Share Icon Share by EMail icon Print Icon

Moog Inc. has acquired 70 percent ownership of Linear Mold and Engineering with an option to acquire the remaining 30 percent. Linear is a privately held company based in Livonia, Michigan. The business has 120 employees and specializes in metal additive manufacturing. Linear provides engineering, manufacturing and production consulting services to customers across a range of industries including aerospace, defense, energy and industrial.

“We are excited to welcome Linear to Moog,” said Sean Gartland, vice president of strategic growth initiatives at Moog. “We see significant potential for metal additive solutions in our core markets—aerospace, defense and industrial applications—in addition to the markets and customers that Linear is already serving.”

Update 12/10/15:

In an email to customers and suppliers, Linear's John Tenbusch, now vice president, said: "Moog, like us, views metal AM as an emerging business with significant growth potential, and sees that as their reason for the strategic investment.  Our first priority is to strengthen and grow the Linear base by growing the Linear capacity. Moog does not intend to reorient Linear to an exclusive internal source; instead, they will invest in capital equipment and facilities expansion to grow our business and the number of customers we serve." 

He also said the company name had now changed to Linear AMS.

RELATED CONTENT

Resources